My Cottage

Here was my home for a week. It was the only cottage with a full
picture window of the woods (the other cottages had 2 smaller
windows). It's name is Cedar.

I cannot believe how much I wrote here. This tells me that I make my
own limitations. This is also the background image on my phone to
remind me of what I am trying to create in the real world. When I
look at my cottage, my cabin in the woods I see a peacefulness I have
not achieved in the real world. This is what. I'm aiming for.

Comments

  1. Ouch! The thing about setting our own limitations.

    It sounds like maybe you had a transformative week. Not bad after coming off the recent news about your manuscript/book.

    Any other insightful learnings? Please tells us about Carolyn Forché.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our shed's could use some Cedar-like tweaking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cedar,

    How could it be we are exiled from the wooded garden. I feel quite alone without you and Willow, Fir and Oak.

    Sincerely,

    Waterfall

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks wonderful! i really want to try to apply for some kind of retreat or workshop next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michael,

    Yes, I realized how much I limit myself. I am my own biggest roadblock.

    Adrienne, I so agree! ;-)

    Waterfall, I miss our magic triangle.

    Yes, Jessie, I highly suggest doing a retreat each year. They are really incredible experiences to have time to write (and write a lot!) and to grow as a writer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.