Poets in Our Neighborhood


The Writing Shed waits for me...
___________________



Good morning, Poets.

There are some great things happening in our poetry world right now--


Oliver de la Paz won the Akron Poetry Prize and will have a new book out in 2010. Lucky him and lucky us! Can't wait to read it!

*

Aimee Nezhukumatathil was featured on New Letters on the Air (my favorite podcast) and you can learn how to say her last name correctly as well as listen to her read some of my favorite poems by her. I hope it's still there, my iTouch was able to download her and David Kirby last week. Both were wonderful podcasts.

Also, Aimee is in American Poetry Review!

*

As for me, I wrote my first poem of September. My first poem since the weather turned global-warming glorious here in the Northwest.

And I bought an index box for my titles (you can also use a notebook for this...)

So I feel like day by day I'm getting back into my writing life. And hallelujah, does it feel good!

*

Comments

  1. What a lovely spot! Can I move in? Hurray for September and new poems.

    Thanks for Aimee's links.

    You'll have to update us on your latest new titles every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, here is what you've done to me. I read this earlier and the rest of the day I've had a tune going through my head...

    "A poet is a person in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neigh-bor-hood! Yes, a poet is I person in your neigh-bor-hood, a person that you meet each day!" (ah-la-Sesime Street tune. Geeshe!

    By the way, the shed is a pretty cool place, of course I picture it with a little different decor, but none the less, I think it should be called the Writing or Poet's Chalet. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.