Hidden Bear in Toblerone Chocolate Logo and Other Reasons to Pay Attention

Look at the above image of the Toblerone Chocolate Logo.  Do you see the bear?


I love this kind of stuff.

To think this bear has been on my chocolate all along.  Now I cannot look at the Matterhorn image without seeing the bear...yet it was always there.

Things like this are a good reminder to me that I need to slow down and pay attention.

I believe part of our jobs as being creative people, writers, and artists is to see what others are missing.  To look closely at the things around us, the every day things.

I'm listening to an interesting NPR talk to the authors of The Invisible Gorilla: And Other Ways Our Intuitions Deceive Us.  I definitely want to read this book.  They had great examples of how people were so focused on watching a basketball game and counting baskets that they didn't even see the man dressed in the gorilla suit walk into the frame.

I am trying to be more mindful in my life.  To pay attention.  To slow down.

This week I've cancelled all my plans (except my writing group tonight) because I've needed rest.  I've had a bad cold and it's been holding on, but also, my body just wants to recover.  My mind just wants quiet.  I have this deep urge of staying home, reading, catching up, slowing down.

When I saw this bear I asked myself, "What else am I missing in life?"

I'll be looking around for other hidden bears in my world, making sure I see the details and the shapes that create the bigger image, than to be fooled in thinking a Matterhorn is just a Matterhorn.




Comments

  1. Have you seen the tiny little spider on the right hand shield on front of the $1 bill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barry, yes, as a kid I LOVED that. Though I was told it was a baby eagle.

    I found a picture of it online--

    http://whatisthepyramid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dollar_spider.jpg

    Of course, in the magnified photo it kind of looks like a wolverine!

    **

    Have you seen the naked man on the Camel cigarette logo? He's there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the arrow in the FedEx logo? I can't NOT see it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon,

    Yes! Once someone told that to me, I too could no longer just see "FedEx." That's one a lot of folks miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post! I don't have any hidden things to mention to you right now...but am excited to look for the ones already mentioned.

    I too am feeling a bit under the weather and am taking it slow. While I could do away with the illness, I love the "excuse" to slow down...and notice the many things that would otherwise pass me by.


    Thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel Contreni Flynn4:00 PM, June 03, 2010

    When I was little, my uncle folded the Land O Lakes stick butter carton so the Lady's bare knees magically met her chest and became, well, her chest. I was gleefully shocked and deliciously horrified.

    Rachel Contreni Flynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stuff like that is the reward for looking closely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.