Book Recommendation

I'm halfway through Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity
by Hugh Macleod and I recommend it for ANY creative person. Hugh totally gets it. Creativity is not about success, money, fame-- it's about passion, desire, and creation.

Here's a favorite part--

Chapter 7 - Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten. Then when you hit puberty they take the crayons away and you replace them with dry, uninspiring books on algebra, history, etc. being suddenly hit years later with the "creative bug" is just a wee voice telling you, "I'd like my crayons back, please."


*

Highly recommend!

Comments

  1. Love it!!! "I'd like my crayons back,please." I will make a note to look for thes when my current priority is completed."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,

    Yes, you'd love this! I've read over half of it in 24 hours. It's inspiring and good reminders. Much of this I know, but it's good to hear it from another artist. Plus his comics are wonderful.

    I bet your local library has it. Mine did, though I think I want my own copy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.