Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am back from Western Washington University where I spoke to a class of incredible grad students.  Western is one of my very favorite colleges in the Northwest.  The students there are so grounded and very down-to-earth.  It's a very "Northwest" school meaning-- casual in dress and attitude and a laid-back lifestyle.  I always love visiting there.

Normally on Thankful Thursday I highlight someone or something I love and I may or may not do that as I post today, but I think I need to just check in here as I've been feeling a little disconnected.  Less since my trip to WWU, but still, not quite myself...

I think I need my own personal gratitude list.  So here it is.  What are you feeling grateful for today?

My Gratitude List:

Family and Good Friends and good energy people

A good friend's guest room with a Moonstruck Chocolate Bar hidden for me under the sheets.  (Thank you, NP!)

The *unsubscribe* button

This book:  Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Revised and Updated for the 21st Century

Sunshine + warm weather

Salami, good crackers, cream cheese (who knew?!) + Mad Housewife Wine

Taking a new way home and seeing chickens, goats, and a new view on the world

Not running with the wolves, but lollygagging with the golden retrievers -- (a nod to Martha Silano here)

Dreaming about someone from the past

Audio Books

It's Fun being Smart magnet (see above image from  Etsy shop - SimplyCutebyKarin )

Pinterest website

This quote:  "Everything will be okay in the end.  If it's not okay, it's not the end..."  (unknown)

Wishing you all good things today...



  1. All good things to you, too!

    I'm grateful for new opportunities presenting themselves lately.

    And nice drives are very gratitude-worthy.

  2. I felt a gratitude-list urge today, too. May be the weather?

  3. Wow - sounds like you are getting dangerously close to Cheese Cake ;)

  4. Hannah-- Good luck with those new opps!

    J9-- Yes, spring gratitude!

    Michael-- that was one of the funniest things I've read in a long time! DANGEROUSLY close to cheesecake! ;-)


Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails