Confession Tuesday


The Poet & Her Violin
~

Thank you for participating in last week's crush edition Confession Tuesday.  It was fun to hear about the many poetry crushes.  And how I can understand them, poets are such crushable people.

But it's a week later and I must confess something, something, something.  I'm not even sure where to begin.  To the confessional--


I confess last week of canceling all my plans except for my writing group and movie preview party was one of the best things I've done in a long time.

I am an introvert with extrovert tendencies and an optimistic mind.  The three things combined cause me to make plans that sound fantastic with the belief that I will be able to go go go, when in reality, I find myself wishing I was staying home with book.

~

I confess I was the same girl in high school who used to skip parties to stay at home.

~

I confess I had a violin recital Saturday.  I looked like Elf (think the Will Ferrell movie) as I was both the oldest and tallest violin student.

I have been taking violin lessons for the last year and I love it.  I played in elementary school through high school in what was lovingly called "Dorkestra," but I was never any good.  I'm still not wonderful, but I  enjoy playing.

I played Gavotte in G Minor and The Irish Washerwoman.  And I nailed the Irish Washerwoman! (though not literally as that would be wrong).

And while I know I should be too old or too mature to be motivated or excited by awards, I was thrilled that I got my Level 3 tassel.  I rock!

~

I am still inspired by the film Who Does She Think She Is? and will probably be talking about it for a while.

~

I confess I am so glad so many of us create things.


Amen.



Share

Comments

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.