How to Resurrect an Old Blog

Someone asked me how I resurrected my old blog, so I thought I'd share that with you in case any of you need to go back in time and get info that has been lost (due to a website or blog being deleted or shutting down).


Here's what I wrote on how I resurrected my old blog--

Someone sent me a link to this website called the Wayback Machine:

http://www.archive.org/index.php

they had seen it on someone else's site and thought it would help me.

It did. I'm not sure I got all my posts, but there were quite a few there. I don't know if it got the individually deleted posts or if all were there, but there were definitely more than I had.

But what was weird when I went there, was that it showed my old blog but all the posts were blank--however, when I highlighted on that area, I could see the words, which I then cut and pasted into a regular document.

As I said, I'm not sure I got *everything* (as I do think some of it might have been lost) but I got a lot. More than I had. And I'm very thankful for that.

If you know the date of the blog post you deleted, that might help because you actually type in the blog or website address that you are trying to find info for.

Hope that helps!

****So while my old blog isn't back online or connected to this blog, I do have many of the posts now saved in a Word file for myself.

Comments

  1. I know this isn't related, but I've posted up the link for the blog-snow.

    word verification: cider
    Yep! Just what I need...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's great (about the resurrecting, I mean)! I have so many old posts I wish I hadn't deleted...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.