Confession Saturday: Summer is on Deck Edition



My part of the world...


Dear Reader, 

I am late since my last confession, and late all around in regards to this blog.  What can I say?  Life has wrapped its vines around my wrists or better-- my attention.

When summer comes, I tend to disappear from the online world.



One interesting thing for me this year, this summer, is that Two Sylvias Press is officially a *thing*-- a business, a small press, a passion.

Because of that, I will be reading submissions to our chapbook contest all summer and honestly, I can't wait to do this.  (By the way, if you have a poetry chapbook and want to submit to our Two Sylvias Press chapbook contest
the deadline is next Monday, June 16.  Here's the link to the info.)

Our judge is the amazing Aimee Nezhukumatathil (she's be choosing the final winner) and we are honored to have Aimee judge our first ever chapbook prize. That support means so much to us.

~
I confess with Two Sylvias Press, my book coming out, and just my personal life in general, my blog has fallen to the sidelines.  

I know it still has readers, so I keep it going (and also, I like having a blog as I feel it gives me a quick connection to other readers and writers), but I also feel bad when I neglect it. So, while there may not be many of you, I know there are some dedicated readers, and if you've missed my posts this year, apologies.  


I do hope to be better (especially in the fall) and I do hope to schedule a few "postcard" blog posts throughout the summer.

Also, if you do want to stay connected, I bounce around to these places with absolutely no sense of when or why, but if you're on any of these and want to connect, please feel free--

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/kellia  (friend me here)
                     https://www.facebook.com/agodon (follow my author page here)

Twitter:  @kelliagodon

Instagram: http://instagram.com/agodon (I made my account public again)

Tumblr: http://kelliagodon.tumblr.com/  I rarely use this, but there you are.



~

I confess this spring I have been writing a lot.  Well, actually since October.  I've found the less time I have, the more I want to write.

I truly having too much time can be a negative for creativity.

There is something about knowing you have X hours to work on your art that makes you either let go, stop censoring yourself, or just create with a passion that may not happen without time boundaries.


This is how it works for me.  The less time I have, the more I want to write.

And if people want to control my time, I get cranky and write even more.

~

So, there's my quick update!  I'll be back online in September...


Happy three months of deconnecting!

Amen.



~ Kells
Don't Miss a Post ~ Subscribe to Book of Kells by Email

Comments

  1. I so agree with you about creativity flourishing within time boundaries! Happy to hear that you're flourishing! Wishing you a fabulous summer, as well as congrats on Two Sylvias becoming officially "a thing" ! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.