April brings Poems, May brings Submissions....

Many journals stop reading over the summer, so it's our last month to submit poems, especially if you've been like me and have been focusing on writing poems instead of submitting.

I said I was going to submit more in May and I don't want you to let me off the hook.

I've found this handy-dandy resource for us--
Here's a list of poetry journals that take online/electronic submissions

* * *

In other news, I heard Seth Abramson on the Poetry Foundation podcast reading his poem that was just featured in Poetry. Fantastic poem! And it was a treat to hear him read it.

*

Comments

  1. There are a lot of journals that accept subs over the summer--and I've had more luck with summer submissions than at any other time of year. After I finish my papers, I'll post my list. Remind me if you don't see it sometime soon...

    Oh, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a blog, keep up the good work,
    I do not think there is enough poets out there. I love it when I get memorized in a poem, there is nothing better, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the list of journals that take on-line submissions. And good luck placing poems.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.