Seattle Author: Writing As a Long Walk Down An Unmarked Path (Interview)

Here's an interview I did for Seattle Wrote,  a blog featuring Seattle Authors. 

You can read the full article by following the link at the end and also read interviews with other Seattle authors...


Q: When did poetry become part of your life? Have you always written poetry?
A: Poetry has always been a part of my life, but I didn’t really begin writing poetry seriously until I was an undergrad at the University of Washington. Up until then, I had been very interested in writing fiction and short stories. While I always loved taking classes exploring poetry, it never really occurred to me that I could also write it and I’d enjoy writing it. My junior year in college, I took a poetry class and it changed everything.

Q: What provides the inspiration or passion for your poems?
A: The easy answer would be: anything and everything. My current manuscript explores how art influences our lives, but I also find science, wordplay, and the Northwest’s natural world also influences my work. I think it was Woody Allen who said, “80% of success is just showing up” so I find my inspiration comes when I meet up with the blank page each morning and allow myself to see what happens.

You can read the whole interview:

http://www.seattlewrote.com/2013/02/seattle-author-writing-as-long-walk.html


~ Kells

  ~ Don't Miss a Post ~ Subscribe to Book of Kells by Email

Comments