It's My Birthday - I'm a Prime Number...



This is not what I look like today.  I've been resting in bed trying to allow the last of this cold leave me for good.  I'm wearing yoga pants, a thermal t-shirt and a fuchsia scarf around my neck.  It's not sexy, but this is what 43 looks like today.

43 is optimistic despite this long dragged-out cold.
43 isn't so sick she couldn't eat carrot cake and chocolate chips all day long.
43 has not watched televisions but instead watched her Facebook page fill up with well-wishers.
43 did shower, she loves to shower, long hot showers where she gets her best ideas.
43 sometimes thinks of Frida Kahlo right before she gets into the shower, she isn't sure why.
43 realizes she may be thinking of Salma Hayek as Frida Kahlo and not Frida Kahlo as Frida Kahlo.
33-42 has watched that movie quite a number of times.
43 is not in the best shape of her life, but she just signed up to paddle 10K on her stand-up paddleboard in August.
42 also gave 43 a kick in the pants by signing her up for a half marathon.
43 does not like to run, so 43 will walk it...with friends.
43 thinks/hopes/prays this will be a good year of health, happiness & success.
Though really, 43 is searching for a four-leaf clover in a glass of champagne.

Share

Comments

  1. Happy birthday, from one poet mom to another!

    I turn 43 next month, so it's nice to have this little preview of what's to come. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, you sweet kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated birthday, Birthday-mate. I hate running too, though I like walking and biking. Have a great 43.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.