Up Early to Write...



I realized yesterday (after baking 150 homemade dog cookies for my daughter's class) and catching up on a ton of emails, I haven't been putting my own writing first.

Yes, I had Saturday, but besides our writer's retreat, I realize I somehow have allowed my own work to slip to the #2 position. So, to balance that I woke at 5 am and instead of going back to sleep, I sleepwalked out of bed to my laptop to write.

So here I am. This is why this will be short. I'll do my confessions later.

Thank you husband for making coffee.
Thank you cats for greeting me.
Thank you loud hedgehog drinking water at 4:55 am for waking me.

Comments

  1. I rely on the dogs to make sure I`m up before the crack of dawn. If it`s not the jumping on the bed it`s the licking, snoring, chewing sounds. I`m ever-grateful for my furry little alarm clocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i confess, i don't think i could type my name if i was up at 5am :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that baking dog cookies is what made you realize your balance was off. (I agree that writing should come before baking for dogs, though I do love my pooches). Good for you for getting up to write!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.