Confession Tuesday

Dear Reader, It's seems as if it's been forever since my last confession, but it's only been 7 days. Seven days of an emotional rollercoaster, full of excitement, worry, faith, ego and self-doubt. I worked hard. I did a lot. I feel satisfied and forgetful of all that I've done. That was a pre-confession, but let's get to the real deal, the mashed potatoes and steak that confession Tuesdays are all about--


I was amused to learn that my friends see me as a Type A, extrovert person because if you asked me, I'd say I was a Type B, introvert. I see myself as someone who draws energy from being alone and not from large groups of people. But I definitely see what they see too and probably have a little (or a lot) of both.

If I was a type from the book on the Queen Bee book of teenage girls, I would be considered a "floater," even today because I am comfortable with many different groups of people and situations (meaning, I'm just as comfortable at her solstice party wearing hemp & Birkenstocks as I am at his country club in loafers.)

My personality is messy and I'm okay with that.

Yesterday on a walk a bee hit me in the forehead and flew off. I also had a bee land in my bike helmet, it was okay. I worry a lot about bees being safe.

There are other more emotionally balanced people, I am not one of them.

Even though I have not said a lot, this confession is taking longer than most.

One thing I dislike about the internet is that people will say things anonymously that they would never say to someone's face.

One thing I like about the internet is being able to connect with poets and writers in different places, people I would not have known without it.

The birds and baby birds start singing at 4 a.m. and even though they wake me, I love them.

We are less anonymous than we think.

I got a speeding ticket for going 52 in a 35 mph zone. When the cop asked me if I knew how fast I was going, I said, "Fast." He lowered the ticket for me, but I still got a ticket (to be honest, I deserved it, I was speeding and I think it was a good reminder for me to slow down and stop rushing).

This is the 2nd time I've received a ticket going to visit Jeannine. The last one was $250. This one was $154. Thank goodness our friendship is worth more than $404 or I'd be bummed. It may seem as if I get a lot of tickets, but I've only rec'd 2 since living here...and both have been on my lunch dates with Jeannine. Next lunch date, I'll have someone else drive.

I ate too much homemade whipped cream yesterday and skipped yoga this morning. I'm not the poster girl for good health these days, but I'm happy.

A poet is coming over by ferry and bike to visit me. I'm off to buy us something for lunch. See you...


*

Comments

  1. I am a type A extrovert, but, like you, most days I feel like a type B introvert. And I'm OK with that.

    Speeding tickets are a pain. Ugh. Love that you told the cop you were going "fact." That's classic.

    And yes, thank goodness for the Internet. It's nice to stay in touch with so many poets and writers in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.