Thankful Thursday: Favorite Things

Favorite Things:


Tig Notaro Live ($5 on the Louis CK website)

Tig is an amazing comedian who I love.  One of my favorite stories she tells is on This American Life, where she keeps running into Taylor Dayne.

This summer, her mother died unexpectedly from a fall, her girlfriend broke up with her, she got a rare infection, and then was diagnosed with breast cancer.

The LIVE (pronounced "Liv" not "Live") show is from her set at Largo in August, 2012.

~


One of the poets, Paul David Adkins, I've worked with has had a ton of success recently.  Every time I hear from him, there's a new publication, new excitement and he mailed me this-- The Upside Down House chapbook.

He not only included me in the acknowledgments, but sent me the nicest note.

Thank you, Paul, and continued success to you!

~

Sandy Longhorn started Heron Tree, a new online journal with a couple friends.

And you can submit to it-->  Submission guidelines here.

~

Letters in the Mail $5

The Rumpus does this very cool thing where they have writers send you letters.  They come snail mail and they have some amazing writing.  One of my favorites included a sea turtle the author had drawn.

I've found myself writing back to these writers.



~ Kells

  ~ Click here to subscribe to Book of Kells by email or in your favorite reader

Comments

  1. I can't wait to buy the Tig Notaro show. However, I've been waiting for the right time. My best friend died from breast cancer complications in January, so I know listening to Tig is going to bring up a lot of emotion. So I'm waiting until I'm in the right place, physically and emotionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The upside-down house? He stole that idea from Mrs. Piggle Wiggle!
    -Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.