Confession Tuesday - Lazy Summer Edition



Dear Reader,

As school ends, summer begins, and June is reaching its halfway point (how did that happen), it's time to confess.

To the confessional--

PetsRule--

I confess if constantly call my golden retriever handsome and cannot understand how people can resist not petting, hugging, or playing with him.  He is 85 lbs, almost six years old, and while his real name is "Buddy Holly," I refer to him as "Baby Boy."

~
Why the NW is My Palace--

I confess that I'm not sure I could live in a warm climate or one with nice weather because much of the time I'm happy that it's raining so I can stay inside to write and read (and not feel guilty that I should be outside doing something active).

~



This is a Real Word--

I confess one of my favorite words is "lollygagging" and I get annoyed that every time I write it, my Mac puts a red-dotted line under the word as if it's spelled wrong.

I confess this is the second time this week I mentioned this.

~
Definitely an Over-Achiever--

I confess during the nice weather on Sunday, I took a 2 hour nap and dreamed about taking a nap on a warm summery day.

~
I'm Not Rejecting You:

I confess I just received a rejection from Rattle this week.  I was surprised to see this in the final paragraph:  If you consider yourself Buddhist, there's plenty of time to try us again.  (I wondered if this was some sort of Zen/reincarnation riddle...)


I then reread it and realized they are having a theme issue so if you consider yourself a "Buddhist poet" you can submit to Rattle until August 1.


I won't be submitting as while I am interested in Buddhism, have a Kuan Yin statue in my garden, I also wear a St. Cecilia medal.  I think if I had to define myself I'd say spiritual.

I guess I've moved away from being in any one group.  I think I practice Kellism.

~


Even though a NW Type, Spain Might Be Okay--

I confess I really like taking naps.

Amen.

Comments

  1. I love dogs! I call my border collie mix my "baby girl" and my "puppy." People are surprised to learn that a. she's a dog and b. she's five years old. She's still a baby to me.

    Also, I have a PC, not a mac, but I can add words to the dictionary so it stops making the stupid red line when it is wrong. Maybe you could do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a rosary hanging over our framed wedding invitation, the Koran next to the bible on a bookshelf, and a laughing Buddha statue on an end table in my living room. Are we Kellists? Kellics? Kellicostals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shary-- Exactly! my dog is turning 6 in October, but he is such my baby. And thanks for that info...I'm going to look into it. I have MS Word on my mac and I'm wondering if i fix it in there, it if will take care of the issue. Thanks for the tip!

    Kelley-- This seems to be a Kell-thing! I have a rosary on my wedding photo on my armoire (I also have a glow-in-the-dark rosary too) ;-) I like the Koran by the Bible - so spiritually forward! I like Kellists. It sounds very professional!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.