Thankful Thursday - Alison Stine



For today's Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for poet, Alison Stine.  



I have both of Ali's first books, her chapbook Lot of My Sister (Wick Poetry Chapbook Series, Ser. 2, No. 10) as well as her first collection, Ohio Violence (Vassar Miller Prize in Poetry).  

Well, I just learned that her second full collection is coming out!  It's called Wait and yes it won the Brittingham Prize in Poetry!  

Her book will be published in March, but I also have it from a very reliable source that there will be for sale early at the AWP Conference Bookfair in Washington D.C.( February 2-5, 2011) at The University of Wisconsin Press booth. 

Here’s a sneak peak at the cover (look for the girl on the wall): 

Alison is planning on being at the book fair Friday February 4, 2011, but there is a possibility she may not make it as she and her husband are waiting for their first child!

Here's the synopsis for WAIT:

In a small town under a spell, a child bride prays for the sheriff’s gun. Iron under a bed stops a nightmare. The carousel artist can carve only birds. Part fairy tale, part gothic ballad, WAIT spans a single year: the year before a young girl’s marriage. Someone is always watching—from the warehouse, from the woods. And on the outskirts of town, someone new is waiting.

Here's her book trailer as well: 



You can learn more about Alison at:
http://www.alisonstine.com


I think she's an incredible poet and I'm looking forward to seeing how (and if) her work changes after her first child.  I guess I'm saying, I'm already looking forward to her third collection!

Congrats to Ali on both the book and the baby!  Two new creations entering the world this new year!


Share

Comments

  1. Oh, Kelli, thank you so much! This is so sweet. You're one of the kindest people in poetry, I think, which gives me great hope. :)

    take care,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am adding to my book collection, and am looking forward to getting to know Alison and her work.

    Funny how our life experiences change our voice...a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the introduction to Alison. Book trailers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.