For the Poets, English Majors &/or Pop Music Lovers...Paul Muldoon, Editor of the New Yorker Critiques Ke$ha's Tic Tok

"Deep Discussions on Contemporary Poetry" ;-)

I like it when poets go pop-culture and do funny youtube videos.

Here's Paul Muldoon critiquing Ke$ha's song and even a King Lear comparison. BTW, "crunk" means "crazy-drunk..." I mention this because it comes up in the interview if you can believe it.

Oh and Ke$ha is a 23 year old pop-singer who's like a dirty Hannah Montana, but blond and talks a lot about alcohol and "her junk." How do Paul Muldoon, Princeton University, poetry, and Ke$ha go together? Watch the video...

I know I'm nerdy, but I thought this was pretty funny.


Comments

  1. lol it definitely had its moments of humor, and potential for far more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally didn't know who ke$sha until SNL last last weekend. too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie-- I learned about ke$ha (note I even get the dollar sign in the correct place in her name) just about 2 weeks ago-- i think the synchronicity of this video made it seem even funnier.

    I am always amused when I find out there are things/trends/songs/musicians/actors the whole country knows about except me.

    I found out about the Spice Girls after they broke up, I somehow missed two or three whole years of their music...which isn't necessarily a bad thing. ;-)

    S.B.L.7x- I agree. It could have been far funnier, but I was pretty amused they got Muldoon to do this. Thx for your note.

    Glad you liked it Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I love the part where the kid just starts spewing poetry jargon. I may have done that in a few classes in my time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.


    rock

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.