1950's Poet/Prom Queen

A friend of mine had a "Prom Party" on Saturday and this was how my husband and I dressed. I love vintage and retro, so getting me to dress like this isn't hard.

Some people went for tacky, some for glamour, but this was completely my style. I sometimes think I was born in the wrong decade.


Anyway, here are some images from the night--


( The reserve Prom King & Queen sashes I had for us.)

My husband and I did not win Prom King & Queen, but we did earn the runner up sashes as "Princesses."

Our dance as Prom Royalty. I was trying to do that scene from Dirty Dancing where Patrick Swayze is teaching Jennifer Grey how to dance. The song we were dancing too was "(I had) the Time of My Life."


This should be my author photo.

Comments

  1. Oh Kelli..what a wonderful post! Love the theme and LOVE LOVE LOVE how you and your sweet man partied hardi. Oh my, does anybody even say that line anymore? Ha ha ha Well I do. I was supposed to be born in another era too. Thank you so very much for sharing this fabulous evening. It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri,

    Your "party hardi" slip made me laugh. Today when making an appt. with a new dentist, I said, "Do you have headphones or do I need to bring my own Walkman?" Yikes! She laughed.

    Glad you liked the photos. It was a very fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are too good. Looking at them, I kept looking for the rotating mirror globe hung from the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! You two look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely agree with you that the last photo should be your author photo. it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are such joyful pictures!
    i tried twice to get my husband to dance, i failed both times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Jessica said. Those pictures are priceless. At the very least, frame the one in your office, I mean shed... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.