Saturday evening Thoughts



Here's a photo of the Lake Quinault Boathouse (pet-friendly/poet-friendly) where we stayed this week for our yearly trip. It's rumored to be haunted by a ghost named Beverly, as is the dining room.

I didn't have any ghost experiences, but did manage to freak out an eight and nine year old with my antics...

* * *

Kay Ryan in Newsweek (a pretty good article about our poet laureate)

* * *

I have been writing as much as I usually do.

A few reasons--

It's summer.
I've been reading a lot.
We're working on the next issue of Crab Creek Review.
I've been doing social things with friends.
I've been away.

I know that I will write and I have one poet friend who I email a lot and I do respond to his emails with poems in return. Sometimes those become keepers, many times they do not.

* * *

Joannie had a new way to track submissions and I'm off to watch that video.

*

Comments

  1. Thanks for the link! I love seeing how other poets track their submissions. (I use index cards and a notebook to track mine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use index cards and a journal as well. it works great for me. I have my poems names on the index cards & put the journal with the poems I submitted in the notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that's exactly how I use them too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.