Confession...Wednesday?



I must confess I am late.

I must apologize (or apologise) for the busy-ness, for the bat droppings, for the unintentionally being away.

I confess I have been revising my manuscript.

I confess I have been held captive by a jigsaw puzzle.

I confess there are two surgeries coming up in the next two week-- my husband and my mum. One major, one not.

I have been thinking a lot about poetry, how it enters our lives and flutters around. Sometimes its a cloud of bats, other time a moth at the window.

A good friend of mine was just accepted into the MFA program I attended. I'm excited for what the next three years hold for her.

I confess I've thought about returning for my Phd. I confess that I love learning, being in a class, opening books and not knowing where we will go next.

I confess it will not be soon.

I have been out in the poetry barn lately. I confess I am thankful for my electric blanket that hangs over my chair when it is below 32 degrees.

I confess I have been volunteering too much and am practicing saying no in my big-girl voice.

I confess that when I look on the calendar and do not see enough time for me to write I feel sad.

I will bring my laptop to the hospital.

I confess I sleeping better these days but the dreams happen without me. They have been circling like the bats, but when I reach for them they have left the attic and flown away.


*

Comments

  1. Kelli - Will keep you and your family in my prayers the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing good health for you and your family.

    Do bring your laptop to the hospital. Makes for a great distraction while you're waiting around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.