Still Undecided? Seriously?

This article about undecided voters was on CNN today--


(CNN) -- Less than 24 hours before the presidential election, Kevin Sheen has yet to decide who will get his vote.

"I'm actually still wrestling with moral issues," says the 29-year-old registered Democrat, who voted for George W. Bush in 2004.

Sheen is one of the 5 percent of American voters who are either undecided or could change their mind before Election Day

***Okay, first, the guy should *not* be a registered democrat.

Second, and I think David Sedaris has put it best about people who are undecided in this election--

“To put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat,” Sedaris writes.

“Can I interest you in the chicken?” she asks. “Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?”

To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.

I mean, really, what’s to be confused about?



(From Shouts & Murmurs in The New Yorker)

You can read the whole essay here.

Comments

  1. I'm with you (And David Sedaris, whom I LOVE!). How in all seriousness could anyone with even a scintilla of human consciousness possibly be undecided at this lat stage in the game? Barack Obama may not be the messiah so many think he is, but the alternative is just too awful to contemplate. Really, democracy is too precious to leave in the hands of such morons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not buying the whole "undecided" line. If people are that stupid and indecisive, they shouldn't vote at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.