A President-Elect who Likes Poetry


And what's the book? The collected poems of Derek Walcott

Comments

  1. The man has taste! (Did you see the item in the summer about the poems he published as an undergraduate?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we're finally going to have a president who respects poetry!

    Love your blog. And your poetry, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew--yes. I'm just thrilled to have poet/poetry fan in the White House.

    Maya-- Thank you for leaving a note. I believe your sister visited recently, say hello to her. I hope all is going well with your new book-- I've been so impressed with your work since Katherine introduced me to it. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, a president who appreciates literature. No matter how you slice it, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It crossed my mind today to wonder if he picked up a Walcott collection after reading Walcott's poem in response to his election. (I think the poem was in the Guardian.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. almost more importantly: a first lady in a baseball cap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! W00T!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.