Happy Valentine's Day, Friends!

As you know, I have a fondness for typewriters. And while I don't own this beauty, it's an Italian designed typewriter called "Valentine" from Olivetti in 1969. What I love is that they put this in the user guide: Dear Valentine, this is to tell you that you are my friend as well as my Valentine, and that I intend to write you lots of letters...

Which brought to mind one of my favorite poems by Agha Shahid Ali, "Stationery."
_________________________________

Stationery
      by Agha Shahid Ali

The moon did not become the sun.
It just fell on the desert
in great sheets, reams
of silver handmade by you.
The night is your cottage industry now,
the day is your brisk emporium.
The world is full of paper.

Write to me.
_________________________________

If there is a silver lining to what we've been living through this last year, I hope that's it's given you more time to write more letters, read more, and write more poems. 

Sending you Valentines wishes from a very snowy Pacific Northwest, 


xo, 
Kelli


_________________________________
Poetry Stuff:

 
You can now preorder Dialogues with Rising Tides from Copper Canyon Press (available April 2021!) 

Class: The Surrealists' Toolbox: Generating New Poems from the Subconscious, Saturday, May 1, 2021 from 10 am - 2:30 am PST with Kelli & Susan Rich

Two Sylvias Press Chapbook Prize (17 - 24 page of poems) is now open! Judge: Victoria Chang



_____________

Kelli Russell Agodon
Poet/Writer/Editor, Two Sylvias Press
Website: www.agodon.com  



 



~ Kells 
________________ 
 www.agodon.com www.twosylviaspress.com

Comments