We're Flying Over to Twitter on Sunday Eve!

Here the 7 of us are in our Twitter form

I copied this from Deb Ager's Facebook Status, but I wanted to share the news in case anyone wanted to join us (9 pm EST, 6 pm PST)--


 If you're on Twitter, join Deborah AgerKelli Russell AgodonJanuary Gill O'Neil, D.A. PowellCollin Kelley, Susan Rich, and Aimee Nezhukumatathil for a Twitter poet party. Follow the #poetparty hashtag. Ask questions. "Listen" to poems. Sunday, October 24 @ 9 pm ET.


_______________

Some notes:  I have never been part of a Twitter party, nor a Twitter Poetry Party, nor tried to party with so many poets online in any way.

But I'm kind of excited to see what happens.  Or to see what I screw up.  

I cannot tell you how long it took me to get a *basic* understanding of Twitter.  Maybe I was invited because they thought I'd be the poet with the lampshade on her head by the end of the night.

Watch me miss a letter in our hashtag of #poetparty and be hanging with Tell-Tale Heart fans all night--  The PoeParty.  Or miss two letters, and I've gone sci-fi with ETparty.

Either way, I'll be there.  #poetparty

If you want to follow me on Twitter my handle (seriously, I cannot think of a better name to call it--  and I know this is so B.J. & the Bear -(I've linked that to Wikipedia if you have no idea what I am talking about)) it is "kelliagodon" - Yes, very unique and creative, I know.

Hope to see you Sunday night.


Tweet.


Share

Comments

  1. I'm part of a group of poets who regularly hold twitter poetry jams. The results are edited and posted at TweetSpeakPoetry.com. Some of us compose poems using our own tweets.

    Often, we have dozens participating, with one person also making sure to collect all the tweets. (As long as hashtags are used, the tweets are relatively easy to spot. It can be crazy, though, when the tweeted lines start coming fast and furious.) We've even had comments from the peanut gallery, as it were. Typically, one person is in charge of posting the prompts, which change frequently throughout the hour. It can be amazing what comes out of these jams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to "reading" with you tonight, Kelli! I think it's going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to taking a peek, er tweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.