Wednesday, February 15, 2012

If you keep a baby-inspired blog & are looking for a sign--

Okay, please file this under "My Weirdest Blog Post Yet". . .

but last night I had a dream that the Wicked Witch of the West came to tell me that someone in the world (a mom, I'm guessing) has a baby-inspired blog and wants to go to a writer's conference, but isn't going to because she feels she "just has a baby-inspired blog" and isn't a real writer.

If this is you, you should go to the conference.  Glenda the Good Witch believes you should go.  She said it's a first step before many.


(Oh and if you think this is you, drop me a note or leave me a comment... I'm curious if I'm losing my mind, having visions, or just shouldn't eat a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries before bedtime.)


1 comment:

  1. It very well could be me.

    Though I'm not a mom, my blog (and poet bio/resume) are the equivalent of infancy stage.
    And I've never gone to a big writer's conference before, but Hayden's Ferry Review is giving me a pass to this year's Desert Night's Rising Stars conference at Arizona State University.

    I am very excited, especially to finally hear Denise Duhamel (I've been a fan for a long while). But I'm also kind of anxious about being in the middle of all that. I'm very much out of my element in a University setting and not always great in social situations, anyway.

    Oh, and I recently posted a Wicked Witch Of The West photo that I doctored on my blog, so it really does all tie together, so I am convinced that your dream was about me.
    Alright, I will go listen to Carolyn Forche, Duhamel and everyone else there. Stop twisting my arm, already.


Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails