How to Celebrate a One Year Anniversary of Book Publication


This week is the one year anniversary of my book, Letters from the Emily Dickinson Room, which came out last October from White Pine Press.

How am I celebrating?

I am devoting the entire week to my third manuscript (currently untitled). Yes, I am spending the week writing.

I have been looking forward to this and this week realized I had scheduled it on the anniversary of my book release, which felt perfect.

I'll post photos after my week and let you know what I've done, what challenges I've had. I don't think I will finish it this week, but hoping to get a better idea of how it will be ordered, what its deepest themes are and figure out what poems I need to write.

Until we talk again, let your world also be filled with words.

Comments

  1. Kelli: Wishing you a very successful week with words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conga rats!

    I spent Saturday selling ten copies of my brand spanking new chapbook to ex-classmates, at my high school reunion, and I plan on spending this week filling out pre-orders for it.

    And I've already started writing poems for my next chapbook from Picaro Press, one that will have a poem dedicated to you. It's a series of poems for the women in my life, with a common thread of remembering and memory running through it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.