Confession Tuesday



Dear Reader,

It's that time... time to confess your sins, thoughts, secrets, all the things you need to let off your chest.

Here are some other people confessing today--

PoetMom (January O'Neil)
Live. Laugh. Run. Breathe. (Bari - not a poet, but a runner)

Normally, we have a few others-- (Michael Wells, Erin Hollowell, etc.) but it seems no one has entered the confessional as of my writing this.

Also, in doing my search for blog posts, I noticed that runners are confessing on Tuesday too.  Runners and poets and writers. I  like it.

To the confessional--

I confess I haven't yet submitted my poems yet, but plan on it today.

And that said, I am SO thankful to all your comments on my Not Sending Work Out into the World post  Thank you for your words and links and thoughts.

It is part of the job as a writer.  We need to submit (and be rejected as well as accepted) to  have publication success.  If you want that, then well, you (I) need to submit.

I will let you know where I send to.  And I'll promise to tell you what they said.  Yes or no.  I confess I'm not shy about rejections.  I think they should be celebrated because it means you're submitting your work.

~

I confess I've been loving poetry lately.

I've been reading Dean Young's Fall Higher and just loving what he does with words and the freshness of his poems.

If you remember Dean just had a heart transplant in the spring.  NPR did a great story on it here.  I haven't heard how he's doing now, hopefully well, if anyone knows, please share.

~

I confess after my retreat, I've been in a funny space (funny peculiar, not funny ha-ha). I've moved from content to annoyed then back to content.  I think coming home from a writing residency does take some adjusting.  Some things I returned to too quickly.  Other things, I eased my way back into.

I confess also that I have already put on my winter weight (I'm thinking it's from a week of wine, cheese, and prosciutto at my writing retreat)- okay, I called it "winter weight" and it just became autumn, what can I say I've always been an overachiever.

Ever year I tend to gain 5-10 pounds in the winter and lose it in the spring.  It doesn't freak me out and in fact, I like my curvier self.

Rosie O'Donnell has a great rant about it in the movie Beautiful Girls --


(You can watch the whole monologue here on YouTube, just be aware if you're watching at work or have little ones, Rosie has some colorful language starting at the 1 second mark and going on from there.  But I think her rant is both hilarious and true, and have always remembered it from the movie.)


And yes, I confess I believe the big butt is part of the deal.  If you don't have the bum to go with what's going on in the front, something isn't right.

I confess a recent Facebook status was "I realize I like cheese more than I like fitting in my jeans."  Bring on the brie!

~

Amen.

Comments

  1. I just saw Dean Young at a poetry reading a few weeks ago. He's still immunocompromised and had to keep some distance from other people (no hugs, etc.) to avoid germs, but other than that, you really couldn't tell that he'd just had his heart replaced a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allyson--

    Thank you for the update! That is really good to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading Dean Young's book, too. I have already written a poem of my own, inspired by the book, and I know there will be more. I really am enjoying his book, re-reading poems over and again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. I know those with big bums and little titties, and those with big busts but wee bums. We cannot all be hourglasses in ideal balance, alas. I like Rosie, but she is wrong on this score. np

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.