Thankful Thursday - Oregon Poetic Voices



The Oregon Poetic Voices have put the audio of the poems I read at Wordstock on their website.

If you want to hear what I sound like or see the poems I read, you can do so here.

If you only have time to listen (or read) one, I recommend, "Natural History Lesson on a Hike to God's Point."


What's great about their website is how many poets they highlight. You can see the full list here.  And listen to them.

The also have a section for teachers on how to teach poetry with some great links.

So there we are, Oregon Poetic Voices-- I'm thankful for their work in Northwest bringing more poets to more people and making it easy for people to learn about poetry.

~

Oh and my history with Oregon?  My family, the Russells came from Tennessee to Oregon and settled in Coos Bay in the 1800's.  And yes, there's still a Russell Ranch (and a Russell Cemetery) we plan on visiting again this year.

Comments

  1. What a delight, Kelli. I'm so pleased to know of the site; I plan to revisit it and perhaps highlight it in one of my Saturday Sharing posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great site and I loved hearing your voice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.