Thankful Thursday - Interviewed by Jeannine Hall Gailey aka @webbish6

Jeannine Hall Gailey did an interview with me at her blog.  She asked me about how to go about life after an MFA, about submissions, and a few other things.

Here's a taste of the interview...



JHG: On your blog you often talk about trying to balance art with life. What advice would you give someone about trying to build more time for art into their already hectic schedule?

KRA: My main advice would be to simplify your life to what is important. I’m always surprised when writers say, “I don’t have time to write” and then in the next breath ask me if I saw The Biggest Loser last night or I see them posting on Facebook. It’s definitely challenging with all the distractions the world offers and the internet, while a very handy research tool, is also a tempting way for writers to lose a lot of time that could have been spent for writing.
But we each have the same amount of time and we each choose what we want to do with it.

Choose your priorities. If writing is a priority for you, you’ll make time for it. It’s kind of tough love advice, but I truly believe it.


You can read the full interview here...

Comments

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.