A Working Writer's Daily Planner 2011: Your Year in WritingA Working Writer's Daily Planner 2011: Your Year in Writing

I just received this in the mail and wow, am I impressed!

It's a desk calendar for writers, but with grants, award, and contest deadlines all throughout it.

What I like about it is that it's nice to look at.  Color images throughout, nice paper.  The publisher did not spare expense at creating this, especially with the details, which I appreciate.

Besides dates, the Daily Planner also includes info on formatting your manuscript, blank pages for goals as well as suggestions for writers, short essays by other writers (there's a "Story Idea Generation" essay by Kelly Link), info on book festivals, some pages in the back to keep track of submissions if needed, links on further resources and more.

I cannot believe someone hasn't put something like this together yet.  It's pretty incredible if you are someone who likes to have a desk calendar where you can jot down notes.

I keep a Google calendar, but I am using this journal on my desk to check out upcoming deadlines as well as to make notes to myself about what I'm working on, what poems were written when, as well as anything writerly I want to remember.

It's produced by Small Beer Press and sells for $13.95.  It would make an incredible gift for your favorite writer, or yourself.

I'll be writing this up in the next issue of Crab Creek Review under Editors' Choice because I like it so much.


Share

Comments

  1. I was just looking at an ad for this in P&W and wondering if it was worth it. Maybe you've talked me into it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sold. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to using mine. I think it would also be perfect to keep notes in of when your poems are written and ideas you have throughout the year so you can return to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.