Thanksgiving thankful Thursday

Dear Reader,

I hope this finds you warm and safe, two things I am thankful for.

Right now I am waiting to see who, if anyone arrives to my home for Thanksgiving. Yes, in the northwest, snow shuts us down and I live either a ferry ride away or a floating bridge drive away from my family. While I love this small town life and am thankful for it, the large beautiful hills that lead to my home are treacherous today and we are waiting to see if the rain begins to melt the snow and ice.

But even if it is a small thanksgiving for me, with large amounts of food, i am still thankful. Very thankful.

My list-

I am thankful we never fully lost power. And which the wind roared and the lights blinked, we have lights, and heat, and warmth.

I am thankful that after three full days of sledding down our crazy icy hill, none of the kids (or parents) had any serious injuries.

I am thankful that while my VW beetle is still stuck is the ditch, my husband was able to walk home safely.

I am thankful for poets with good snow cars who picked up my husband and took him to the store to buy us a turkey and all that we needed for today.

I am thankful for friends, family, and strangers who have offered their best, helped out, said hello, and took care of the people in our community, many who have not had power since Monday.

I am thankful for my life, my family, my friends, the good people I've met through this blog and the kind people I haven't met yet, but know I will.

I am thankful for kindness and compassion, for hummingbirds in the snow, for days that feel as if they were created for only play, rest, and reading, for the beauty of an early snow and the quietness of a city not in go-go-go mode, but baking pies, playing with their kids or looking at the people around them and feeling gratitude, not for the big-screen tv, but for the heater working, a cozy sofa, a cat, a blanket and the reminder that the most important things have heartbeats and are in your life everyday with their quirks and attitudes, this is all temporary my friends, and I am thankful for every day I have with those I love.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks for reading.


Location:On the couch

Comments

  1. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a warm, continued cozy and safe Thanksgiving. Hope the Northwest digs out soon. The cold hits us tonight down Atlanta way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the most important things have heartbeats" :-)

    Thanks for the reminders of what's important in this world, Kelli.

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and so glad to hear it's only your car in the ditch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.