Thankful Thursday

Kelli & Jeannine (getting ready for prom)

Gratitude Journal--

1.  I am very thankful that Jeannine Hall Gailey has returned to town!  I am so glad to have her back in the Northwest.  She and her husband have promised not to move to ridiculous places anymore. 

Here we are (above photo) getting ready in her bathroom before my reading last night (but it looks like the classic prom photo-- though I keep typing promo photo...that too).  I have borrowed her velcro roller and must get my own set.

2.  An excellent reading last night with an audience who truly cares about poetry and deeply listened to the poems. 

3.  Velcro rollers...who knew?!


5.  A new morning routine which involves reading something creative (currently, my favorite book: The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life by Twyla Tharp)

6.  Taking a break from Facebook and the excess of time that slides into my pocket.  And it so wonderful not to have to think of what I'm doing in third person (i.e. Kelli is writing a poem.  Kelli is thinking about writing a poem.  Kelli is squandering away precious hours of her life on Facebook...)

7.  For the comments you have left on my blog.  Thank you.  I will try to respond to some of them shortly.






Share

Comments

  1. Aw, I'm thankful to be back! Had so much fun last night - going to post the photo of us with your book (with Emily peeking out...)
    See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something wonderful about preparing your face to meet the faces that you meet with a a good girlfriend. Definately should be on the thankful list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a picture very similar to that that I took of my sister getting ready before her wedding. Ah memories!

    Jessie Carty is typing this while also leaving Facebook open. She can't help herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an inspiring idea--"thankful thursday." To count things we're grateful for, even one day a week, reminds us how precious is this moment of being alive. I love how some of the things you note are small, some large, yet all seem equally worthy, equally vital.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.