Martha Silano Interviews Me on Her Blog...



To celebrate All Saints' Day (or not), Martha Silano has a detailed interview with me on her blog, Blue Positive today.

We talk about my dad's sense of humor and his amputated leg, writing to "get through" things, what came first- the research or the poem, and poking a word with a stick.

Here's a snapshot of the interview --


Martha:  Do you write poetry to lessen your anxiety in a chaotic and unpredictable world, or does writing poetry nourish some other part of you?

Kelli:  I think I write poetry to understand things and yes, to get through them. I may always be writing poems about the death of my father as I’m not sure that is a loss I will ever truly get over.

I do find that when I have a feeling that is uncomfortable--anxiety, fear, sadness, etc--I can either let that feeling take me over, which honestly, makes me pretty useless, or I can take the energy of that feeling and use it for something. Most times, I try to use it.

~



Share

Comments

  1. An excellent interview!

    Congratulations on your poem at Whale Sound being among top 20 in Whale Sound's stats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maureen! I definitely know how to talk! ;-)

    And thanks for letting me know about Whale Sound's stats. I didn't know that. Is it on their website? That's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.