Dream Poem: Encounter

I wrote this based on a dream a dream I just had.  I'm still not sure what it means, but am open for interpretations.


Dream #1200948: Encounter


I had a dream that a woman with dark brown hair was living outside of her pick-up truck right next to the sidewalk of my house.  Every day I went out and saw her.  Every day, she looked at me, but didn't say a word.

One day she said, "You haven't noticed, but I cleaned up your garden and removed all of your blackberry bushes."  I said, "I never asked for that."

She said, "I have weeded.  I have protected your home when you were asleep."  I said, "I never asked for that."

She said, "You live in the house of Agodon.  You live in the house of Agodo.  You live in the house of A god."

I said I didn't feel comfortable to have her watching me each day.

She said, "You don't know me, but I live here too."



~
Share

Comments

  1. Apart from being a fascinating dream, this could stand as a complete short story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...

    My lovely friend Tracey is a therapist and dream analyst (she blogs at www.labeletterouge.com and at Psychology Today). She always says "Where you are in the dream is where you are in life."

    I would ask you about the following concepts--weeds, your house/home, and this repeated line that you "never asked for that." What have you never asked for? What was your feeling as you asked it?

    Also-why did it make you uncomfortable that she was watching you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. It was a very odd dream.

    Hannah, thank you for your detailed response and the link.

    And this is good to know--
    "Where you are in the dream is where you are in life.

    RE:
    I would ask you about the following concepts--weeds, your house/home, and this repeated line that you "never asked for that." What have you never asked for?

    **I think I have never asked for help or to be taken care of. I think that's what I responding to with the woman.

    I do think in a sense, she was a guardian angel type of person, but I think I responded in my dream with fear (who are you? why are you watching me? etc)


    RE: Also-why did it make you uncomfortable that she was watching you?

    I think because I didn't know who she was.

    ~

    I think she either represented my fear (I live here too) or my faith. One of the other, I guess that's the question. I'm leaning toward faith since I doubt fear would do my gardening.

    Thanks for the detailed questions. You gave me much to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a dream analyst, but I agree with Maureen that this could be a complete piece of flash fiction. It is sparse and powerful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.