Confession Tuesday

Dear Reader,

I am on time this week.

I confess, I have been late too often on my confessions.  I decided to be on time.  Much of life is deciding to do something then doing it, isn't it.  Funny how that works.

It's been a weird week with me dressed as a man to the inside of a hospital, I better let you know what's up.  To the confessional--

I confess on Friday night during a full moon my family insisted I go to the ER because one of my pupils was noticeable larger than the other.  Noticeable.  I looked as if I had wonko eye, as if I was Bill the Cat.

Given my history with optic neuritis (where I lost the vision in each of my eyes--first the right then the left--during a six week period a couple years ago) and recent minor head injury from my mountain biking, they felt I should just go in to check things out.

Dear Insurance Bill... You are the reason I did not want to go in.  -- But alas, I was talked into it because people were freaking out over my new look.

Dear Cat Scan, I love you for your quietness, you are not the techno sound of the MRI, you are a soft whisper of wind.

After everything from my eye being numbed then dilated (I felt as if I was a character in Clockwork Orange), it seems I am okay, just a funky freak of nature (though I still have an upcoming eye exam pending to give me the full A-OK), but mostly okay. I feel okay and I can still see.  My pupils look normal.  And I now have a wealth of material for new poems all revolving around the interesting ER details and things I overheard (I confess I almost went running for the doors when I heard "bacterial meningitis!"  Sheesh!)

Dear Doctors -- You impress me to no end.

~

And the man thing, well, that came the next night.  A Halloween party, which I was not going to miss despite the eye issue the previous night.

I confess I love to dress up like a man.  I'm not sure I realized this until this current Halloween costume, but I can definitely understand why cross-dressing is so much fun.  That said, if you looked at my normal everyday clothes of blue jeans & plain t-shirts, I am pretty much a cross-dresser year round, minus the fake facial hair and side burns.

So here are a couple photos of me dressed like rocker Bret Michaels for my friend's yearly Halloween party.

And yes, I stayed in character all night.

I love this photo because it looks as if I came with this guy, but no, he just happened to be wearing a Poison t-shirt and became my instant back-up band.  I also love how my hand looks superimposed on that photo.

This was my "no paparazzi" photo.




By the way, up until a day ago, I had never seen the Rock of Love - ( eek, what a show, I couldn't even watch the whole thing, I felt as if my eyes were burning.) But learned about Bret Michaels when I was watching Donald Trump's show, The Apprentice because Cyndi Lauper was on it (and I love her).  And three things I noticed about him -- he was a hard worker, had good manners and was kind.  Three things I so like in people.

I confess though, it's mostly kindness that determines my like for people.

So that's me this week - Rockstar and hospital patient.  Let the good times roll...

Amen.



Share

Comments

  1. Glad you're okay, and thought your costume was super cute. I'm currently looking up fox costumes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the costume. Did you see Bret Michaels on Dancing With the Stars last night? He really is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The man costume rocks! If I hadn't recognized that it was you (based on various other photos of you posted here from time to time), I would have been fooled. The three-days beard effect is what does it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I not reading your blog every day? I must link to your blog. Most excellent. I hope your eyes are okay now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.