Some quotes to take you into summer--




REMEMBER--


"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
Henry David Thoreau


"Everyone has a talent. What is rare is the courage to nurture it in solitude and to follow the talent to the dark places where it leads."
Erica Jong


Dreaming and hoping won't produce a piece of work; only writing, rewriting and rewriting (if necessary)--a devoted translation of thoughts and dreams into words on paper--will result in a story."
Roberta Gellis


There is no perfect time to write. There's only now."
Barbara Kingsolver


"When I start a book, I always think it's patently absurd that I can write one. No one, certainly not me, can write a book 500 pages long. But I know I can write 15 pages, and if I write 15 pages every day, eventually I will have 500 of them."
John Saul


"The worst thing you write is better than the best thing you didn't write."
Unknown


Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt."
William Shakespeare


"Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was."
Richard L. Evans


When written in Chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy


You must do the things you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt


"Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs."
Henry Ford


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle


"The harder you work, the luckier you get."
McAlexander



"Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs."
Malcolm Forbes



Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."
William Feather

Comments

  1. I've always liked:

    Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. ~Anton Chekhov

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.