Last Day of School & Summer Reading


So, it's official, summer has begun. Now someone tell that to the weather (oh, the weather is such a tease).

I'm organizing my summer reading, some books on my nightstand and in my bookbag--

The Gift by Lewis Hyde

This I Believe, An Anthology of Essays from the NPR Series by the same name

Consider the Lobster and other Essays by David Foster Wallace

Buddha Mind, Buddha Body by Thich Nhat Hanh

*

But I'm still looking for a great novel to read this summer? Any suggestions?

Comments

  1. I always recommend "Underworld" by DeLillo or "Written on the Body" by Winterson. Both are classics to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Junot Diaz: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not try something Scottish?

    Morvern Callar by Alan Warner
    Clara by Janice Galloway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard about this one from the owner of our local independant book store The Art of Racing in the Rain--about a dog who comes back as a man.

    Here's the link
    The Art of Racing in the Rain

    Also, Like Water for Elephants - Sarah Gruen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.