A Writing Shed of His Own


Dylan Thomas had a shed (ee-ei-ee-ei-oh!)

Comments

  1. More images of that shed

    www.readersheds.co.uk/share.cfm?SHARESHED=716

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelli.. always happy to share the shed love around..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to look in the window of that shed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donald Hall, in his prose book Remembering Poets (published 1978), in the section on Dylan Thomas, mentions Thomas's writing shed -- as I recall, Hall may have been in the shed at some point with Thomas. He talks a little about Thomas's method of writing (working through a poem, crossing out and rewriting one line at a time, from beginning to end).

    I found Hall's book interesting in general. Besides Dylan Thomas, the book also includes detailed recollections of Robert Frost, Ezra Pound, and T.S. Eliot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh. Nice shed.

    And lovely word meanderings. I read Topo Fart, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyle,

    It is so funny you should mention that book. I have it. I found it at a used a bookstore and it's on my reading pile to read next week.

    Synchronistic note!

    Hi Deb & Valerie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.