RE: RE: Personal Ad #6 by Michael Schmeltzer (Poems to rock your Lenten Season)


Here's a poem by a good friend of mine, Michael Schmeltzer, who you will be hearing much more from in this poetry world--




Re: Re: Personal Ad #6 (An Egg, Delicate, Repairs the Days Now Cracked)


When I first heard about the Twin Towers
I thought, “How do we move on from here?”
And the next day I cracked
and poured three eggs on a skillet,
made myself an omelet.
I bought            
boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
I made stuffing.
I baked an apple pie
with an old family recipe,
sprinkling cinnamon
generously over the crust.
In my head I colored each day
like another barn
in a paint-by-numbers landscape.
Do you understand?  
Let me put it this way; when we meet
I will fuck you
so moderately you will not want to call.
But you will.
Each number pressed will feel as rewarding
as stepping over a load
of dirty laundry. Do you know why?
Because we move on
by doing things that bored us before.



by Michael Schmeltzer

Previously published in Rattle #42, Winter 2013





~ Kells


Don't Miss a Post ~ Subscribe to Book of Kells by Email

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! Can't wait for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem. Your line breaks in particular are well-placed. Love it. I see why it was published!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Love the tarot angle, and allthose funny old photos, almost as much as Michael's poem! Can't wait to see what happens next...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.