Poet's Accessible Blackberry Cobbler (Easy for All)




So this is what I do when I need a little sweetness in my life-- cobbler.  I also make Apple Brown Betty and Apple Crisp as well.

But it's blackberry season in the Northwest and the vines I curse at for growing where they are not supposed to grow are feeding me and making me happy.  My yard makes dessert!

Here's a Blackberry Cobbler ANYONE can do.  Teach your kids, teach your partner, teach your cat This is easy easy easy and takes about 5 minutes to prepare.  Seriously.  It's simple.

And when you're done, read Robert Hass's poem:
Meditation at Lagunitas




Poet's Accessible Blackberry Cobbler


Makes 6 Servings, or one great yummy serving throughout the day


Ingredients:

4 cups of fresh blackberries (honestly, I don't measure anymore, I just fill the bottom of my baking dish)

1 tablespoon of lemon juice  (I just squeeze a half of a large lemon & call it good)

1 large egg

1 cup of flour (I use wheat 'cuz I like to keep things "healthier" and not feel guilty for eating all of it in a day, but other friends have used almond meal to stay gluten free)

1 cup sugar

6 tablespoons of butter - melted (optional) -I left the butter off one time by accident and I didn't miss it, so now I just skip it and eat extra ice cream to make up the calories.


Prep:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place blackberries in an 8" x 8" baking tray that is slightly greased. Sprinkle blackberries with lemon juice.

Using a wooden spoon, stir together flour, sugar, and egg in a separate bowl, until it is course, then pour over blackberries in an even manner.

If you chose to have melted butter, drizzle that over the top.

Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees or until lightly browned and bubbly.

Let stand for 10 minutes or until you can no longer wait to eat it.  Serve on plates with french vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.  If you're fancy, add a sprig of mint.

~


Such tenderness, those afternoons and evenings,
saying blackberry, blackberry, blackberry.  

     --Robert Hass


Enjoy!


~ Kells


  ~ Don't Miss a Post ~ Subscribe to Book of Kells by Email

Comments

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.