Coming Soon - Book Reviews (A Preview of What I'm Reading...)

I'll be doing reviews on these books soon--

Marrying George Clooney: Confessions from a Midlife Crisis (Seal Press)
by Amy Ferris

***I started this last night and I am loving it...



Then, Something: Poems (Tupelo Press)
by Patricia Fargnoli

Pat is a favorite poet of mine. I've already enjoyed quite a few poems as I did the casual "browse" of the collection and so far, so good! I am looking forward to reading this cover to cover. I am pretty sure this will be on my highly recommended list.


Mister Skylight (Copper Canyon Press)
by Ed Skoog

***I have to admit, I'm not familiar with Ed's work, but I know was the poet-in-residence at Richard Hugo House, so I'm curious to see what has to offer. So more on this soon!


And I was just contacted by the folks who published Freakomics (one of my favorite books) and there's a SuperFreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes, and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance
(published by William Morrow) coming out on October 20th, 2009!

Nin Andrews recommended it to me this year, and it was a great read, so I'm looking forward to this new "Super" version.

* * *

Comments

  1. They all look good! I know I will definitely read SuperFreakonomics! I didn't know they had a new one coming out until now :-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.