Confession Tuesday


I swear, there are more Tuesdays in the week than any other day. Maybe it's because I know on Tuesday I promise to be here confessing. But I'm such a good egg, what could I possibly have to confess?

Dear reader, it's been a week, some not-so-deadly sins from my last confession...let's get these over with


1. Gluttony (Latin, gula): Truth-- I eat dessert every day and do not feel guilty about it. It's the reason I'm a writer and not an actress-- less paparazzi and bathing suit photos.

2. Greed (Latin, avaritia): Me time. I am greedy for me time.

3. Sloth (Latin, acedia): I am the last person into the car 95% of the time. And usually the last person to wake up in the morning.

4. Wrath (Latin, ira): I confess while most of the time I'm pretty laid back, I am very much a mama bear and will protect whatever is important to me.

5. Envy (Latin, invidia): Book-envy only.

6. Pride (Latin, superbia): I never thought this was a bad thing. I have nice wrists.

Comments

  1. Amen!

    Except that in my household, I am the first person up, unfortunately. And I have poet envy most days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm highly curious where the geometric diagram of sins came from?

    It reminds me of some of the schemes of how the universe was (thought to be) put together that you can find in medieval books and art. Only clearly the list of hybrid sins ("quickie," "fat men in speedos," etc.) came from a more recent century.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J--
    poet envy- I think we should all try to write about this!

    Lyle-- I don't know who did this orginally, I just saw it & thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.