Verse Daily!

Too cool! I'm on Verse Daily today and what a fantastic job they do. Here's the link - Verse Daily

It's for my poem, "Praying to the Patron Saint of Saved Marriages" from 5 a.m., which has become one of my very very favorite literary magazines. They not only have the best poems, but the best quotes in "Quotes without Comment" such as these:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful. And so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
George W. Bush

and

"I was a Republican until they lost their minds"--
basketball star Charles Barkley

* * *

My poem is in the Quirky American Issue along with poems from:
Nin Andrews
Alicia Ostriker
Dorothy Barresi
and others...

If you haven't read 5 a.m., I suggest you get your hands on a copy or sign up for a subscription. They have yet to disappoint me. Ed Ochester and Judith Vollmer are the editors and they really do an incredible job of choosing INTERESTING poems! Imagine.

*

Comments

  1. I LOVE your poem on Verse Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!

    Congratulations! That is a terrific poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, that is the best poem. I just printed it out and posted it in my office. I needed it today.
    THANKS SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just randomly discovered your poem on Verse Daily! Woo Hoo!

    Congratulations! Wonderful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ash, Greg, Nin, Wendy, & January,


    Thanks for all the kind words! I truly appreciate your notes.

    best,
    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelli, this is beautiful. Those last few lines are going to stay with me a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valerie, Cheryl, Lyle, Pamela--

    Thanks for your notes. I appreciate hearing them. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the poem.

    best,
    Kel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.