It's Official...

I'm able to share my good news.

I won the Atlantic Monthly Student Writing Contest for my poem "When Killer Blue Irises Spread." The contest is for graduate students enrolled in colleges throughout the US.

This was the last year I could submit, so I'm thrilled to have been chosen. (Note to curious readers--of the three chances I had to submit--I missed the first deadline, was rejected the second, and as it turns out 3's a charm.)

Here's a list of all the winners in poetry, fiction, and non-fiction as well.

My poem will be in the summer fiction issue.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I always admired that contest from a distance--never had the guts to apply. I look forward to seeing the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's a huge win. Can't wait to read your poem in the Atlantic Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Kelli. Bravissima.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelli -

    This is fantastic news, and I know you deserve it. Man, top prize, too! You aced this contest, baby! Congrats on the win and also just for entering - it can be so hard to make ourselves do that sometimes.

    On another note, and I can hardly bear to say this since you said such a nice thing about me, below, but that was not my list, and I didn't post it on WomPo--yet another Kelly poet did.

    Again, congrats, and how are you celebrating?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra, Valerie, January, Nick, & Kelly--

    Thanks! It was a real surprise.

    And Kelly-- another Kellypoet? how many of us are there? ;-)

    Some people think I posted the list (I've seen the name "kelli" attached to that list). We're all going to have to wear nametags and carry resumes. ;-)

    RE: Again, congrats, and how are you celebrating?

    You know, I haven't thought about it, but yes, I should celebrate! I'll let you know...


    Thanks again for the notes everyone!

    Best,
    k

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations! you must be over the moon!

    m

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.