#Podcast! I'm Interviewed by Katie Woodzick for the Theatrical Mustang Podcast & We Cover A Lot!


Topic covered in Episode 7:

  • Synchronicity pays to build my writing shed
  • How Annette Spaulding-Convy & I accidentally started a small press
  • How The Poet Tarot came from a dream
  • Rejections
  • How to submit your work and what to send 
  • How to be your own administrative assistant
  • Why women connect at Poets on the Coast
  • What was my writing process, what it is now
  • How I sent a poem about black bras to the LA Review when they wanted more serious subjects...
  • Choosing yourself
  • All voices matter
  • Women at their best are incredible advocates for other women
  • Thoughts on getting MFA
  • How I revise
  • Why I don't write poems longhand
  • Advice for poets when you revise
  • Platform...
  • I joined Facebook to get a hatching egg
  • Branding
  • How limited time can make you write more
  • And why less time may cause you to write stronger work
  • A poem that should have been OOprah Magazine by January Gill O'Neill




http://theatricalmustang.podbean.com/e/kelli-russell-agodon/


And all the poets mentioned in this podcast:

Annette Spaulding-Convy
Susan Rich

Martha Silano
Jeannine Hall Gailey
Lana Hechtman Ayers

Deborah Ager
C. Dale Young
Eduardo Corral
Oliver de la Paz
Ann Batchelor Hursey
Nancy Canyon
Tom Hunley
Collin Kelley



~ Kells 
www.agodon.com
www.twosylviaspress.com

Want more on creativity and the literary life?  -- Subscribe by Email


Comments