Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Confession Tuesday: The Catching Up Edition

Dear Reader,

It's been way to long since my last confession or even my last blog post, but I've been working, editing, and writing a lot.

I confess I have many new poems, but need more time and space to sort through them.

I have many things I want to do with my next manuscript, but need the headspace to see the full vision. Sometimes that comes in summer.  Sometimes that comes in fall when I leave normal life for a writing residency...which I am doing this year.


I confess I ate cake for breakfast yesterday. Citrus Sunshine, which is lemon cake with orange buttercream frosting.

I confess I don't feel bad about it.  In fact, I feel as if I live in a magical world that sells Citrus Sunshine.


I confess many things have been pulling me in lately.

I am distracted by birds, by seals, by the outdoor world and all its inhabitants.

I am distracted by the shapes of clouds, the color of the sunset and how light is happening earlier and the world is sunnier.

And art.

And when I think I can't find something else to fall in love with, I do.

And here's another thing that pulled me in--

It's a video by Doug Gautraud. You can vote for it here.  I'm assuming it's based on biography, but I haven't been able to be sure.  But he seems trustworthy, and I believe the Truth (with a capital T) behind the story, authenticity, and giving instead of getting.

It's less than 5 minutes and will add a spot of beauty to your day.

Ride on...


 ~ Kells

Don't Miss a Post ~ Subscribe to Book of Kells by Email


  1. You are an inspiration and a dot in the center for me to focus on.

  2. Than you, Kelli!


Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails