Confession Tuesday



Dear Reader,

It's that time of the week and I am a big cranky mess.

Really, this should just be my confession.  But I'm going to go on because there's no better thing for a cranky person to do than to blog... okay, that's probably not true at all.

To the confessional--


I confess I am typing this with a HUGE headache. I don't get headaches. Okay, I have a headache right now, but I'm not one of those people who complains about them or needs to turn off the lights to exist peacefully.

Mostly, I'm just tired.  The other night I woke up at 1:57 am.  I feel back asleep around around 4:45 am.  You can imagine what I pleasure I was to be around yesterday.  I swear, I think I wore my angry-eyebrows all day. I was also making big deals about little things-- oh no, I have to go to the post office!  I was emotionally defunct.

Today is slightly better, but I'm still ready to rip the stuffing out of a Raggedy Ann doll.

~
I confess that Raggedy Ann doll reference might seem odd.  It is.  

When I was girl, I had a friend who always lied.  She was a lot fun, but always lying about something.  Her biggest lie was when she tried to get me to cut under the heart of my Raggedy Ann doll.  She told me that inside I'd find candy.  And as convincing as she was, I never cut open my doll.  

Today, I would like to cut open a doll.  I am that cranky.

~

I confess there were a lot of little liars in my neighborhood growing up.  

Lies I have been told:

I have a carousel in my backyard.

If you pull out grass by roots, it will never grow back and there will be a bald spot in the yard forever.

Good doctors pop out your eye, clean it, and put it back in.  

If your family takes showers naked, then you are from a perverted family.  Normal families shower in their clothes. 

You will die if you drink poprocks with coke or aspirin with coke.
~

I confess when I am extremely tired, it is hard for me to look at things with rationally.  I am the adult version of the 3 year old falling down on the mall floor and crying.


I find lots of fault with myself and if I'm in a really emotionally-tired mood, I start going back into the past and beating myself up over dumb mistakes.  This is good times for sorrowfilled.

~
I confess I think I need a nap.

Amen.


Share

Comments

  1. Your goodness shines out even on days you can't see it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess when I am extremely tired, it is hard for me to look at things with rationally. I am the adult version of the 3 year old falling down on the mall floor and crying.


    I find lots of fault with myself and if I'm in a really emotionally-tired mood, I start going back into the past and beating myself up over dumb mistakes.


    Ohhhh yes. Indeed.

    Nothing to add, just rousing agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli, you know of any good breakfast places (good = cheap with veggie options and open fairly early where I don't have to stand in line) in Kingston open on Saturdays? Greasy spoons 100% acceptable.

    r

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reb-- we have Oak Table (which is where the firehouse theatre is), but kind of pricey and usually a line on weekends. Cup & Muffin is a coffee place with a few breakfast options. No line, not expensive, but you have to eat outside or in your car (right by McDonalds). Up by IGA (the old Thriftway) is Cuppa Bella and I think they will have breakfast options, not too pricey, no line, and you can eat inside. Maybe be your best bet.

    Are you coming to Kingston?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saturday morning! I can't wait. I just need to get on the water you know? To get on the ferry and ride.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.