|Not a Bunny Hop, but Blog Hop|
Collin Kelley is participating in a Friday the 13th blog hop today.
What a fantastic idea!
Basically, what you do is you go from writer's blog to writer's blog until you get to the end when you have a chance to enter to win a Kindle among other prizes.
The fiction authors sure get things done!
Here's what I liked about it:
1) You get to "meet" new authors and learn about their books.
2) Authors get a chance to increase their readership and have more people connect with them through their books and blog.
3) It's rewarding-- both in clicking through the links, then finishing and being able to enter to win a Kindle
4) It's fun and was set up on a very memorable day-- Friday the 13th!
5) Each author had his/her own style, but you could see how this blog hop was all connected.
6) Everyone did it correctly-- the concern with such a big blog hop is that one person doesn't link up correctly or forgets to do their post, then it would be a not-so-happy mess (but it wasn't).
7) I think it's a win/win for readers and authors.
Poets should do something like for poetry month to learn about new poets.
Anyway, a great idea!