Love in the Age of Blogging (or where my mind is at 7 am)



So it's Friday morning and I'm off to Seattle for a lovely day of friendship and poetry, but I wanted to check in with you here because I've been feeling a bit off-kilter, not just behind the eight-ball, but the eightball spinning in circles.

I have been quite behind since returning from DC.  And since I see quite a few of you show up here to read what is hopefully an interesting blog on living & writing creatively, I just want to share my plans so you know what to expect in the upcoming months and seasons.

1)  Blog requests - #1 on my list!  I have quite a few-- some on contest & open submissions, one on putting a manuscript together, one on FB vs. Twitter & the social networking aspect of the writer's life, one on retreats and what to take, "genre poetry" and a couple other things.

Please know, I haven't forgotten about any of your requests, but realized that my January (and not February) ended up a bit busier than I expected and I didn't get to as many as I hoped (thought) I would.

A lot of my busyness was not related to poetry.  And no worries, it's all good things, mostly mom/volunteer/editor/person-in-the-world stuff, just things that have pulled me from my blogging AND writing time.  So I'm working to reestablish some time for myself.

But because I'm a Capricorn and someone who tries her best to stay on schedule, I wanted to send my apologies for being the slow responder, the snailmailer in the time of internet, but as you know, life steps in occasionally and does the bugaloo on time, the watusi on my calendar.  But, I'm a list maker, so as the song says, "there's always something there to remind me."  And the other song says, "All you need is love..."


2)  Confession Tuesday - Yes, a fav, I've learned. ;-)  I will promise that even if I'm behind in my other blogging goals, I will be here on Tuesday with bells (or St. Cecilia) on.  I enjoy it too and it's a nice way to make sure I'm here once a week and sharing interesting stuff.


3)  Thankful Thursday:  A time to promote another person, website or thing that I have fallen head-over-heels with.  Yes, there is so much in this world to love, I expect this to continue to be a GO as well.

So there you are.  During these days of time hula-dancing while I'm eating poi distracted by the palm trees and new scenery, I will try my best to make this place, this blog of Book of Kells, interesting.

Anyway, I just wanted to share what is in my brain (coffee, homemade granola, chocolate) with you in case you were curious.  Jane's getting curious.

Thank you as always for reading, for stopping by and for the comments (I'm behind on responding to them as well), but they come right to my email box so I love seeing your names pop up.

And to the new people I met at the OWOH (One World, One HeArt) event for artists, hello! Such inspiring artists in this world.

So off again into the world. Thank you all for reading.  And sending love, love, love...


There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.

All you need is love (everybody!)...

Share

Comments

  1. Kelli, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. Also, I love your little play on words concerning your blog name! I'm sorry that you entered late and your name wasn't in the giveaway hat, but please come visit often because I invariably have other giveaways plus, you get to read all about my particular pet-peeves for the day, week, month, etc. Right now it's the TX legislature...not happy with "them good ol' boys!!" My daughter is a music teacher...6th grade in a very rough part of Austin...and she loves it! Anyway, she's on the chopping block...the state is doing away with many fine arts teachers, P.E. teachers and just about any teacher that teaches English, History, you know, the right brain stuff.

    Well, you see, I ranted and hopefully, you survived. Anyway, thanks for coming by and introducing yourself...am going to be a follower as soon as I send this off!! Enjoy your day in Seattle and the rest of the weekend.

    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of thematic writing days. I'm now currently tossing that idea around in my head. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Kelli. Thanks for dropping by my blog during OWOH. Nice to meet another creative on the Pacific coast. Hope you can visit again some time. Lovin' what you are doing here. I will be back to see what you are up to fur sure.
    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love confessional poetry...and you picked one of my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgina-- Thanks for becoming a follower! And all the best to your daughter-- I was just ranting about how teachers aren't respected (and paid!) enough today.

    Keep the arts alive in our schools! Wish her well and thank you for your note!

    Joseph-- you are welcome.

    Cheryl--I will visit! thanks for your note.

    Aaron- that's one of my favorite songs too. Actually, there's 2 of my favorite songs in this post.

    Thanks for your notes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.