Kelli & Jeannine (getting ready for prom)
1. I am very thankful that Jeannine Hall Gailey has returned to town! I am so glad to have her back in the Northwest. She and her husband have promised not to move to ridiculous places anymore.
Here we are (above photo) getting ready in her bathroom before my reading last night (but it looks like the classic prom photo-- though I keep typing promo photo...that too). I have borrowed her velcro roller and must get my own set.
2. An excellent reading last night with an audience who truly cares about poetry and deeply listened to the poems.
3. Velcro rollers...who knew?!
4. Books. Currently reading: Words for Empty and Words for Full (Pitt Poetry Series) by Bob Hicok, The New Good Life: Living Better Than Ever in an Age of Less by John Robbins.
5. A new morning routine which involves reading something creative (currently, my favorite book: The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life by Twyla Tharp)
6. Taking a break from Facebook and the excess of time that slides into my pocket. And it so wonderful not to have to think of what I'm doing in third person (i.e. Kelli is writing a poem. Kelli is thinking about writing a poem. Kelli is squandering away precious hours of her life on Facebook...)
7. For the comments you have left on my blog. Thank you. I will try to respond to some of them shortly.